Re: Odd meteorite on Ebay-and EBAY, EBAY,EBAY

>This is the reason the meteorite posse was formed, because several
>"dealers/members" didn't want to hear about eBay auctions as they felt it
>was unrelated to this list or their hobby/business.  "I hate eBay!"
>"I don't use eBay" was heard.

I am sure that it would be very difficult to make any posting that is of
interest to every single member of this or any list.
Fact is that because of eBay there are a lot of new meteorite collectors
which of course is good for dealers but other collectors as well. Some
people may not like it but fact is eBay has become a important fact of
meteorite collecting. Many items from the recent King collection has been
recently n eBay. If people are interested in meteorites I would assume that
they at some time want to own some meteorites although there is probably a
couple people who has the view that only scientists should have meteorites
because of their "scinetific importance" and therfore most meteorites should
rust away rather than being found by collecors and in private in collections
but most people want to have a collection at some time. There is no better
source of meteorites than eBay. No website from any dealer has as much a
variety at all times as eBay. Also because of eBay collectors can sell or
upgrade their collections at a very affordable cost and you often see ebay
auctions from people saying that they are not dealers. So its not just a few
dealers that can take advantage of eBay. The two news stories from CNN and
USA Today about meteorites on eBay simply proves that what I am saying is
true.
This list is about all aspects of meteorites and since eBay is an important
fact of the buying and selling of meteorites it clearly belongs on this
list.
The important thing here is to read the rules of this list. If somebody is
posting a sale the word sale has to be in the description. If somebody is
talking about eBay then the word eBay should be in the description. Then the
delete button comes in handy for those not wanting to hear about eBay.
EBAY BELONGS ON THIS LIST JUST AS MUCH OR MORE AS ASTEROIDS, THE METEOR
SHOWER TONIGHT OR ANY OTHER ASPECT OF METEORITES. Any meteorite related
topic is permitted on this list and fraud (wither on eBay or otherwise) will
only drive away new collectors and this list is the best forum that I know
of where very knowlegable and novice collectors can discuss anything that
they want and learn about meteorites easily and for free.
I dont mind you accusing me of a conflict of interest since I am such a
large eBay meteorite seller myself (I have 5 or 6 dozen meteorite auctions
running right now) and so I have an interest in keeping eBay clean. I want
the next CNN and USA Today story about eBay to be just as positive as the
last two. Now lets get something done about that Boogie Creek guy  since
that is something that will get news if some old lady is out thousands of
dollars by buying some of their moon rock - which would give bad press to
meteorites in general, not just them. And keep ebay on this list because it
belongs here.
Sincerely
DEAN BESSEY