Re: Meteor watching in Central Canada

Hi Dean and all,

Drinking beer or any alcoholic beverage when doing observational astronomy is
not recommended as it keeps you from seeing to your eyes faintest magnitude
(though I enjoy a brew myself sometimes). Rather munching on a candy bar or
sugar type items helps the sensitivity of the eye. I found this out at an astro
convention in which an eye doctor talked on do's and don'ts for making your eye
the utmost sensitive for deep sky observing which would relate to meteor
observation. Best!

--AL

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: