Re: Geo vs Astro chemistry was Asteroid, Comet, etc. question

Hi Elton and all,

>>I don't think you will ever find native (pure)iron from a natural source on
earth.  Any
time you find it it on the earth it will be from human activities OR extra-
terresterial. <<

There are a couple of exceptions (aren't there always) although very rare, where
iron and
nickel can be found together naturally. One such example is Josephinite found in
Oregon.
Don't have my information handy but this material might come from deep within
the Earth and
might even sample our iron/nickle core. I do have some material I can scan if
anyone would
like to see the material.

Excellent post on the subject otherwise.

--AL

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: