Re: catalogue numbers

Hi, Alan & List:

I spoke with Dr. Tom Palmer about your question. He spends a lot of time
studying Nininger's publications. Here is the good & bad news for you:

Good news -- H. H. Nininger numbered his meteorites exactly like the one you
have, such as 34.798, 34.1271. He used the first # to represent a certain
type of meteorites and the second the weight (g). He had over one hundred
pieces of Canyon Diablo listed in his publication: "The Nininger Collection
of Meteorites". Because the number on your meteorite is very much like those
he used on other Canyon Diablo specimens, you may have an authentic Nininger
specimen!

Bad news -- the number 34.5182 is not in his book. It could be one piece he
sold before he published his book. Does it weight 5,182 grams? You can
contact Tom (1-915-593-1800) for further info.

Paul Liu
Great Wall Consulting & Trading
P. O. Box 33992
Northglenn, CO 80233-0992
Tel & Fax: (303) 255-7148, Tel: (303) 255-7502
greatwallc@aol.com     www.greatwallct.com

<< Subj:     catalogue numbers