Re: Parent Bodies

Hi Brian, Phil and all,

There is also an excellent annual publication by the Canadians called the
Observer's Handbook that lists both major and minor shower events as well as
some of the associated or suspected associated parent bodies (comet) that causes
some of them.

This book btw is also a good source for being able to observe asteroids, meteor
showers (lists 22 in the one I have) as well as gives some good  information on
meteorites. It also lists north American impact sites, talks about
interplanetary dust and has other useful items related to the field of
meteoritics but is designed mainly as a companion for astronomers.

For a copy (I would suggest next years) I don't know the current cost,  I have a
email address for the editor, <Roy.Bishop@AcadiaU.ca>

--AL

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: