Re: Re:Geo vs Astro chemistry was Asteroid, Comet, etc. question

Thanks Elton, for your excellent response to my questions. Sorry, I didn't
respond sooner, I usually only read my e-mails once a week or so. I see I
have so much to learn about meteorites and am very interested in that
learning. I am very new at being a meteorite collector/student and
appreciate all your teaching. Another question comes to mind. Has there ever
been a meteorite found, which does not have the Iron/nickel elements in it?
If not, is there a test that I could use in the field, when I am out
searching for them, to determine if I have a likely candidate in which to
send to a lab for analysis? I assume that the labs are probably flooded with
meteo-wrongs, so I wish to do some preliminary verification before bothering
them with my finds.
Again thanks for your response.

Troy Bell

Archives located at: