WHAT IS THE REAL VALUE OF AN OLD METEORITE???

Dear List:
          ANY IMPUT IN THIS DEBATE ????

Hello Adrien,

>The reason of the price and reserve, is because is no more of METEORITE
>  PUTINGA on the market, and the fact that all other pieces are in very
>  important places around the world, as you can see.

It's an L6.  There are hundreds if not thousands of kgs of L6s.  It really
doesn't matter who else owns pieces of the meteorite, does it.  So the
Vatican owns a piece.  Why is this important.  99% of meteorites in
everyones
collections are also owned by museums.  The British museum and the
Smithsoniam own all the meteorites that are in my collection.  Does that
make
my collection worth that much more?  Of course not.  It is an L6: why is it
so important?

Again, what is the purpose of using a hidden reserve?

Regards,

Walter

Branch Meteorites and Tektites
322 Stephenson Ave., Suite B
Savannah, GA  31405 USA
http://members.aol.com/wbranchsb/meteoritemainpage.htm
email:  wbranchsb@aol.com

Dear List :
           Any comments on this dedate ??????

Hello,

This meteorite is one of the most overpriced I have ever seen.  It is just a
common L6, chondrite, right?

Please answer this serioous question:  Why did you place a reserve on this
item?

Regards,

Walter Branch, Ph.D.