Re: NANTAN -- look at this top-quality piece ??????????

Dear List;
I mentioned my lucky experience with the Nantan quite a while back, but may be
worth repeated sharing again.
At the Denver Show of '98, I only had $16 cash in my pocket until the ATM
machines could be refilled so that was the most I could spend at the moment.  I
found a group of rusty meteorites (and I mean limonite yellow rusting, could
hear
the rust!!!) that were called Nandan and even Nantan, no one had a real name
even...So.  I bought a single pound of rust for $16.  I wire brushed the jewel
in
the rough for half an hour, saved the cup of bright yellow "stardust" and sold
it
for about $20 to the hebe-jebe (metaphysically inclined) folks that I know.  I
have a pretty nice specimen approximately 3" x 4" x 3/4" of mostly iron...magnet
likes it and it even took a good polish on a side!
And that is the brief and wonderful story of my Unique and Interesting Nantan!
Best Deals...
Dave Freeman

Meteordealer@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 11/27/99 2:47:40 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> acculabs@hotmail.com writes:
>
> << Direct Line Resource offers
>  >stablized rust-free Nantan for 50-60 cents per gram. >>
>
> $500kg-$600kg is not a very good deal. I have a supplier who sells Nantan for
> $18kg.

> Archives located at:
> http://www.meteoritecentral.com/list_best.html
>
> For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: