Unique Tektite

Hello List,
I was reading my new issue of Bethany Sciences Universe Collection
meteorite catalogue (this is not a plug for the company) and came upon
something I found interesting but did not really understand what it
was.  It is a Chinese Tektite with a large void in the center in the
shape of an egg, which was found during a CAT scan.  It is stated that
this "void inside this tektite may hold answers beyond compare, trapping
untold secrets and history form its creation".  What I am wanting to
know is what is this void in the center of the tektite?

Thanks for your help,
Jason Phillips

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: