New Campos and "Flooded Market".

Michael and List,
I would think just the opposite would happen-if anything at all.
When you have a very rare meteorite with a limited TKW, most of it can be
accounted for at any given time. As larger pieces are cut to produce
smaller, more affordable pieces for the collectors on a budget, the value
of the larger piece should go up.  What would happen if all of the Dag 262
meteorite were cut into 100mg pieces...EXCEPT for one slice weighing, oh
let's say, 5 grams.  What would the value be of that single, solitary slice
of Dag 262?  I'm betting priceless.  The less there is of any commodity,
the more value it has- especially so with material that can't be
manufatured or readily found.  To me, it's just common sense.
However, I could be wrong.....just as my ex-wife ;_))

Regards to All,

John Gwilliam

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: