"new" LL3

RE: Tagounite 019
	I was informed yesterday that the "new" meteorite I had been
selling, Tagounite 019, (at first) as "not yet classified" - then later,
with a preliminary classification of  L3, has now been definitively
classified as an "LL" with a petrological rating of "3.7"(Such ratings
have historically been referred to as simply  "LL3," though the more
precise ratings are now gaining favor).
	Those of you who already purchased partslices from me, the next
time you order anything please let me know  (including the weight)
& I will send you a new lable. Also, to you prior purchasers,
congradulations; all things being equal, an LL3 is roughly 3 times the
price per gram as an L3. Depending on my replacement costs, I will
still try to offer remaining specimens at lower prices than will be
possible when I have to actually spend the $ to "replace" this material.
	On other fronts, while I have had little to say recently, I have most
greatly enjoyed the recounting of meteorite hunting trips - and was
tickled silly at Art finding a NEW California meteorite!
	Best wishes, Michael

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: