Re: Leonids & micrometeorites

Hi Art,

It might be exciting to have our group here (at least those wanting to
participate) to collect the next rain water coming down from their eves after
the event to see what all we come up with. Those people that live in big
cities might want to consider all of the industrial particles (as in metal
fabrication, foundries etc.) but we might be able as a group to come up with
some useful information after the shower. I for one plan on going out to watch

the shower and see what I can see. I will also make a commitment to gather
some particles. It might be a good idea to hose your house down with water a
few days before the event if you live in a dry climate so as to insure your
getting particles from the shower and not the continuing fall of IDP's that
fall all the time. Make sure you are careful if you do go to the trouble of
hosing down the house. It might be a good idea to have another such experiment

to collect material again after the shower and when their is no other showers
going on to compare our findings. Best!

--AL

Rereading my post, you don't have to collect the rain water per say but rather

the particles that the rain water washes down :-) Sorry for the double message
Art!

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: