Assault on the Holbrook field report Day one

Hello to all list members from beautiful down town Holbrook Az

The troops assembled at the home of Captain Dave Andrews at 1200 hours.
Where John Gwilliam and Private John B had to play revelry to wake our
leader from his nap !! After some nurishment we headed to the field with
high hopes  !!! The weather was definitely in our favor ,blue skies
temps in the 70 s absolutely perfect !!!
After the arrival at the field we suited up in our assault gear , Metal
detectors , John Gwilliam's super dooper magnetic meteorite scoopers and
the first round of chewing gum !! We started on our assault plan A:
Hurdle the barbed wire fence and scatter with detectors flying  . We had
our first encounter with the local wildlife ,a herd of cattle. Lucky for
us they headed to greener pastures .After 5 hours we assembled back at
the vehicle and headed to base camp .Upon assembly at base camp we
started our search through our finds !!! Looking good ? Hey Johnny G I
think this might be one , it's oriented it's magnetic the moment of
truth the taste test ,pffft pfffffffft  pfffft  nope I don't think so !!

It looks like the first days finds 2 dinky dinkies maybe , about 50
rounds of spent ammo and lots of misc. trash !! Now it's time for some
hamburgers from the barbecue . Oh I hope were having carrots????

Private
John Blennert

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: