From: Verish, Robert S
Sent: Friday, October 08, 1999 9:31 PM
To: 'michel franco'; METEORITELIST
Subject: RE: Metal Flakes

Michael,

I just got back from meteorite hunting, so I just read your post.  The
phrase that you should be trying to translate is "metal fleck", as in "the
interior of ordinary chondrites are flecked (or spotted) with metallic
Ni-Fe", as opposed to "metal flake".  Sorry, I can't find my French
dictionary, but maybe this will translate into a French word more to your
liking.

Speaking of dictionaries, here's a word that I just now found in my ENGLISH
dictionary:

"sprachgefuhl"

?:-o
Bo*