Mass Extinction

Meteorite Press, New York, 10/25/99:

BLACK CAT INVASION THE LATEST THEORY ON MASS EXTINCTION

Suspicions grow as the infamous Meteorite Mailing List, pronounced Vilde,
remains silent for another week.  There are approximately five known
survivors out of 400 enthusiasts.

Confusion besets the world of onlookers, as concerns rise about the apparent
'evidence':-) of missing persons.

Don Yesman, of NASA,  issued this statement:
"This is an entirely new phenomenon.  One we have not seen since the launch
of the list."

Dr. Alan Ruby (not related to Jack), a supporter of the 'Diamonds in space
theory', made this wager with Dan Goldie (not related to Ms. Hawn):
" I would bet you a nickel this whole thing irons itself out."

Dr. A. King (not related to Martin Luther), says the smart money is on the
Arizona desert having 'done them all in'.

Dr. Vacuum Hoover (not related to J. Edgar) of NASA/GAMES dashed off a
brrrrrrief, indistinguishable remark on his way from Siberia to Antarctica.
His comment is thought to have been in Navajo.  The Japanese are translating
it.

Subsequently, the possibility of a 'One for the X-files' scenario presents
itself:

Walter Skinner, FBI Assistant Director, made this statement:
"If there are 400 'enthusiasts', we're guessing there would be signs of
communication.
We would hope for intelligent life, but we're taking it one step at a time.
In the meantime, I have assigned Agents Scully and Mulder to the Case of the
Missing MML.  (A touch of Sherlock for the Brits)

Fox Mulder whipped off:
"Think about it.  How many mass extinctions have there been?  The
possibility that what we are looking at is another one can't be ruled out
solely on the basis that 'it's been done'.  In 1908 in Russia, a huge
meteorite of unknown origin surgically took out a vast forest area leaving
only charred remains.  Suppose we investigate and find meteorites have the
same effect on humans; that essentially, if we knock on the door of all
these collectors, there will be nothing but charred remains, the result of
which will have been from some mysterious catalyst producing the onset of
what we have come to call 'spontaneous human combustion'.  Meteorite
exposure could be the initiator.  It's as plain as my nose."

Dana Scully quipped:
"I don't know, Fox.  I would sooner believe that, due to the proximity of
Halloween, and the population rate of the black cat having increased due to
it's dominant gene, that it's a simple case of 'the cat getting their
tongues', or at the very least their collective computer mouse."

Chris Carter refused comment but is said to be frantic that the entire
Meteorite list had gotten access to future scripts and that, consequently,
they had all begun to re-colonize Mars on the sneak.  If true the smart
money would then be on the adventurers lighting up the Red Planet with
campfires and telling stories between their relentless jaunts in pursuit of
Meteorites from Earth.

Cheers,
Julia

Editorial comment:  Let's hear it for the wonderful 'agents' of Panspermia,
more commonly known as Meteorites:-)

Echooooooooo   oooooooooooo  ooooooooooo.........................

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit: