RE: Microscope question

I am very happy with the Russian microscope that Michael Blood sells.

I have taken many photos through it; you can see some of them at:

and

My right eye is very different from my left - the diopter range
allows me to view with ease - some diopters don't have enough range for me.

I have bought a halogen light pipe (flexible fiber optic bundle)
from a science supply house and I have the polariscope adapter that
Michael sells as an add-on. The tungsten lamp that comes with the
Russian scope is a bit too yellow and mellow for me.

You probably only want something in the 32x range - say 10 to 50 power.

More than 50x is too hard to focus, for less than 10x use a magnifier.

I think Michael's scope has an 8.3 and a 10x eyepiece,
and .6, 1, 2, 4 and 7 objectives for a range from about 5x to 70x.

I mostly use 16x and 32x - I could live with just those.

- Jim Hurley

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit:

Follow-Ups: References: