Another question

OK, don't laugh but I have another newbie question.  Some of the members
of my astronomy club have asked me about micro-meteorites that
supposedly rain down upon the Earth all the time.  There was an article
somewhere (within the last year) about how these small particles can
collect in gutters and then be collected with a magnet.  If all this is
true, then my question is, what do they look like under a microscope??
How do you tell them from other things that are attracted to a magnet?

By the way, I got the microscope (the one that Michael Blood offers) and
I am very happy with it.  It sure does add a whole new aspect to
enjoying my meteorites.  Lots of fun on cloudy night too.  And I took
some of my meteorites to our astronomy club meeting last night and there
was a lot of interest from our members.

Ginger Mayfield
Divide, CO

Archives located at: