Re: Newest Falls, I have a few questions to pose

Mike Farmer wrote:

> Hey everyone, first I am just curious who on this list is going to go to
> the Gifhorn Meteorite show on October 23rd24th in Gifhorn Germany, or to
> the Munich show. Ill be at the Gifhorn show. Who else will be?

Sure Iīll meet you there, and hopefully some other meteorite friends,
too.

> Second, Does anyone know of all of the 1998  recovered meteorite falls?
> According to my records we only have in order as follows:
> June 13th = Portales Valley, USA
> June 20th = Kunya-Urgench, turkmenistan
> Aug 4th-5th = Zag, Morocco
> December 28th = Ourique, Portugal
> The Canadian Fall, ??? Small stone.

You forgot Monahans (1998)! Now *that* deserves a very special smiley
-->  :-)

The small stone from Canada has been assigned the name "Kitchener" by
the NomCom of the Meteoritical Society. It is an L6, weighing 202.6
grams, which fell on July 12, 1998.

More info on this is available on Jeff Grossmanīs site for the
Meteoritical Bulletin preview no. 84, which you will find at:
http://www.uark.edu/campus-resources/metsoc/metbull.htm

> Also have there been any recovered 1999 falls? I hear rumor that one was
> recovered in Brazil.

Donīt have any info about that. May be Bernd does..?

Happy weekend to all,
Alex
--
Alexander Seidel        My location on planet Earth
Dankersstrasse 22       N 53.5932  E 9.4683  6m asl

Archives located at:

For help, FAQ's and sub. info. visit:

Follow-Ups: References: