Re: Phil: Meteor May Not Have Destroyed Dinosaurs Afterall?

Hello Phil -

     I seem to remember a post last year about the
composition of the K-T impactor, but don't remember
the nickle content.
     In any case, if the cause of death had of been
nickle poisoning then none of the burrowing animals or
birds would have survived.  It's like considering acid
rain, and the collapse of phtosynthesis due to dust:
the animals were already dead, and nearly all of the
plants had already been burned to ash.

EP