[meteorite-list] Thin Sections Illustrated - A "Must Have" Book

From: Stuart Forbes <stuart.forbes_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:37:33 2004

Hi everyone,

Can I just agree with what's been said on this book? I've been using it for
reference during my studies at university and it would be an invaluable aid
for someone who's buying thin sections and wants to learn about them, but
has no previous experience. "Rocks From Space" should give you all the extra
info you need for the meteorites.

Thin sections, even for terrestrial rocks can be expensive, and so those of
you who want to see how terrestrial rocks compare to meteorites can do so
cheaply with this book.

While we're on this subject, I still have photos of Apollo lunar thin
sections (basalts, orange soil, regolith and anorthosite) for sale if anyone
else is interested.

Regards,

Stuart Forbes
Edinburgh, Scotland