[meteorite-list] English meteorite

From: Dave Andrews <dandre10_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:37:36 2004

> There was another story about a Scottish millionaire drummer from one of our old 70s British rock bands who found a meteorite in
> Ireland last year.This sounds like a rich mans hobby and I was amazed because its hard to believe that meteors can be found and purchased by members of the
> public.Now that I am using the Internet I really would like to buy and own a meteorite from England (if I can afford it).I dont know where to begin or even if English
> meteorites are for sale on this American discussion group and would appreciate some assistance from the experienced collectors.

Hi Paul,
You might want to check here:

http://fernlea.tripod.com

He lives is Scotland (but doesn't claim to be Scottish), sells
meteorites (UK ones too), is an ex-rock-drummer, purchased a fall from
Ireland last year, found his own Scottish meteorite, and does pretty
good at his business. Might want to give him a jingle.

Have a good one,
Dave