[meteorite-list] New Lunar Meteorites??

From: Charlie <moonrock25_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:41:09 2004

Hi all,

I'm having a tough time keeping up with the list of new lunar
meteorites. I believe the last four classified were Dhofar 025, Dhofar
026, Dhofar 081, and NWA 032. Now I know Mike Farmer has a new NWA
lunar, and thanks to those who posted photos of that beauty from the
Tucson Show. But can anyone tell me more about a new lunar owned by
Blaine Reed?? Thanks to Anne Black for posting a photo of it, but
what's the story with it? Where was it found, type if known, etc.?.
And what about a meteorite displayed at the show by Alain Carion, and
described as Martian?/unar? I'm assuming it's still unclassified, but
how is a visual judgement able to determine that it is either Martian or
Lunar, but not able to determine which it is??
Lastly, I heard from a friend last night that there is still another NWA
mare basalt, not NWA 032,
and that a 1/3rd gram sample of it will soon be listed on eBay. This
friend is a fossil collector, and the sample will be listed
by"Docfossil" who sells some of the best Moroccan trilobites on eBay.
Anyone got a clue on this one??

Thanks and best wishes,
-Charlie