[meteorite-list] hot meteorites

From: David Freeman <dfreeman_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:41:09 2004

Dear Hotties;
My favorite first hand account of a not meteorite was the one that Mr.Bill Anisle
of Riverton, Wyoming related to me two years ago. He said his childhood meteor
hit the closeline post and bent the iron pipe. He then stated that it went into
the ground next to the pole and was so hot that they had to wait two days for it
to cool off before they could dig it up.
The pole (still the iron oil well pipe) is still there, and not bent, and the
meteorite is no where to be found in recent memory. He was a youngster when it
hit.
Quite the interesting story, from a devoted rock hound....
You tell me.
As the blindman picked up his hammer and saw...
Dave F.