[meteorite-list] Meteorwrong pictures

From: Matson, Robert <ROBERT.D.MATSON_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:41:11 2004

Hi Tim,

> Just put up a page with pictures of meteorwrongs, it takes awhile to load
because
> there is 8 pictures in all. The first 6 meteorwrongs I have shown here,
do contain
> metal and are attracted to a magnet. These meteorwrongs have been given
to me
> by people who thought they had the real thing, this is 5 years worth of
peoples
> dreams.

To my eye, only #6 looks remotely meteoritic. All of the
others have surface textures or holes that are strong
counter-indicators against extraterrestrial origin. Thanks
for posting!

I've got some good meteorwrongs that I've collected myself
over the last couple years. I'll try to scan in a few images
of the better ones and send them your way at some point.

Best,
Rob