[meteorite-list] Moroccan lies form the French people.

From: LABENNE METEORITES <metlabo1_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:42:00 2004

Hey Mike,

 Why you attack our family ! We have never harmed you ! We respect you and
all your work around the meteorite business until now. If a person can
convinct you that bought meteorite in Marocco, he is a liar and probably
have some interest in this "story". People in Marocco are nice people but
they tell you all you desire to hear, even if it is false !Curiously many
people say that they know the place where we have found all our meteorites
and so many have seen us in so many places in the Sahara....

Many meteorites collected by nomads are being sold by mineral dealers in
Morocco. These meteorites are all sold as Moroccan finds but as you know
almost all are collected in Algeria or Western Sahara. For our new business
in Mineral/Fossils, we have gone to Marocco in March and October 2000 for
three days each time and have bought minerals and fossils. Yes, in the same
time, maroccan dealer have shown us some new meteorites find collected by
nomads. Big surprise, yes many meteorites, but many badly weathered
ordinary chondrites with a price higher than our wholesale price this is
why we have decided to return and sold/trade about 200 kilo of the ordinary
chgondrite we have collected ourself to obtain Minerals and fossils for our
new business. May be these meteorites will be mixed with other common stuff
and transformed in find from Marocco with exotic co-ordinates ! The only
meteorite we have bought in Marocco is an interesting iron we directly sold
to one of our customer (present in this mailing list) with a true story (no
location, bought to a nomad in the Sahara desert).

 We have found all the SAHxxx meteorites, I have a web page with some
interesting photo of us with selected meteorites just when found inclued
our three best find. We have refused to publish these photos until now,
only our eyes are hidden but for you and some of the mailing who know our
faces it's easy to recognised us
http://www.labenne-meteorites.com/photos.htm". Note in the past we had sold
some of our ordinary chondrite with the photo (we have few available on
request).

The problem is that a dealer sold, with false locations, the meteorites he
has bought in Marocco. False location because nobody know where the nomad
found these meteorites, they have not a GPS ! This is only to obtain a name
from the Met Soc and sold easier that with the name NWAXXX.

If now so many collectors possess a piece of Mars or Moon, if the
scientists had so many new interesting for science it's because some
honnest person spent lot of time in the desert to collect meteorites,
sometimes in very dangerous places. If a french dealer prefer to bought
meteorites to maroccan dealer we respect this choice if these stone are
finally declared NWAXXX. Our choice is to collect ourself to have the
pleasure of the find and we refuse the comparaison and the confusion with
this person.

                                    Meteoriticaly Yours,

                Marc, Luc & Jim Labenne.

Meteorites for Science, Education and Collectors

LABENNE METEORITES
BP 57
02700 TERGNIER
FRANCE