[meteorite-list] Fossils and Meteorites

From: Francis Graham <francisgraham_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:42:06 2004

Hello,
  You are correct; Alas, I was a bit too general in my
language. Your distinction is especially valuable when
you are interested in the physical process of
meteorite entry, impact and effects of being on Earth
for some time period. In that case, an
extraterrestrial specimen obtained in situ would be
useless.

Francis