[meteorite-list] New Jerry Armstrong Painting

From: Martin Horejsi <martinh_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:42:06 2004

Ginger kindly wrote:

> Awesome Allende painting, David. I just checked Starry
> Night for the date of the fall and he even has the Moon,
> stars, and even Jupiter in the correct positions. :-)

Hello Ginger and All,

Jerry is concerned about the accuracy of the details in his paintings even
if there was no witness. I remember discussing a painting he did about the
fall of the Sikhote-Alin meteorite, and he said he watched old World War 2
movies showing shells exploding in the frozen, snow-covered ground. This
gave Jerry the insight into what might look like when a high-speed iron
chunk impacts the ground at around the time of year as the fall of the S-A
meteorite.

For those interested in the art of Jerry Armstrong may be interested in an
article I wrote about him in the November 1998 issue of Meteorite! magazine.

Cheers,

Martin