[meteorite-list] Re: Virus - I have had enough!

From: Mark Miconi <mam602_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:43:35 2004

Steven and everyone else infected,

Pull your heads out of the sand....SQUEEZE $50.00 out of your tight wads and
buy SOME PROTECTION.

I have had everyone of any of the virus's known and unknown to this list
stopped cold with my....(hold on as this may shock you all)....ANTI-VIRUS
SOFTWARE!!

Yes it exists...it is on display and SALE at your favorite PC software
store, yes it does work, BUT (big leap here)..... it has to be INSTALLED and
kept updated.

You need to protect yourself with Anti-Virus software, updated at least
weekly.
You have only yourselves to be pissed at.

Would you rush into a house without body armour and a gun?
Would you begin a case without your Sherlock Holmes Hat on?
Would you buy a MAC and think it is a PC?

I recommend Norton System Works 2001. It has a live update feature, and many
great programs to assist you in cleanup of temp files, un-used files, and
the such to keep your system in peak performance.

IT ALSO HAS AN ANTI-Virus program that will AUTOMATICALLY SCAN YOUR EMAIL
BEFORE IT HITS YOUR PC. Gee that is a great idea!

NOT having virus protection software on your PC is the only crime here.

The worst part about this virus is IT IS NOT NEW! It is over 6 months old,
if you all would quit thinking it will not happen to you and do something
just in case, like buy software to protect your investment, your worries
would be over.

Next weeks lesson is: Milk...is it really from cows?....or does it just show
up in the dairy section in a bottle by MAGIC!

Sorry that I had to vent....but this is PC 101 folks....Bet you all don't
think you need to use condoms either!

Bright Blessings...Please read this as the helpful advice it was intended to
be....Mark

Can we get back to meteorites NOW?