[meteorite-list] Chico question

From: Steve Witt <stelor96_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:43:35 2004

     Greetings List,

   I recently acquired a small specimen of Chico (L6 Impact Melt
Breccia). On one side of the specimen between the two lithologies
present, is an area that is about 1mm wide X 4mm long that is a
completely transparent material. You can actually see down, about
2-3mm into the specimen. This being the only sample of Chico that
I've ever seen, I was wondering if this is seen in all specimens of
this meteorite and what the material is.
As always, any help would be greatly appreciated.

                         thanx,
                         Steve