[meteorite-list] Book recommendation

From: Ed Majden <epmajden_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:43:36 2004

    I would like to recommend a book to the writers of the many questions
asked on newsgroups regarding meteoritics etc. It is now, unfortunately out
of print but should be available in good libraries and used book stores.
That's where I got my partial set of this series.

The Moon Meteorites and Comets
edited by B. M. Middlehurst and G. P. Kuiper
The Solar System IV
University of Chicago Press (1963)
Library of Congress Catalog Number: 62-18117

    Yes, it is dated but much of the material is still valid. The various
chapters are wrtten by the pioneers of this science. Examples include: E.L.
Krinov, Luigi G. Jacchia, D.W.R. McKinley, Peter M. Millman. H.H. Nininger,
J. H. Oort, Eugene M. Shoemaker, Fred L. Whipple and others.

    Highly recommended and worth looking for.

Ed Majden