[meteorite-list] Speaking of Mars!

From: CMcdon0923_at_aol.com <CMcdon0923_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:44:12 2004

--part1_12d.23a7dd.285da4b7_boundary

> << Has anyone taken a gander at the Red Planet in the southern sky lately
> through a telescope. Awesome! >>
>
> Actually, I just came inside a little while ago from about 4 hours of
> observing....my first time out in several weeks. Mars was the ONLY item on
> tonight's observing list. I agree, truly a magnificent sight!! The
> seeing was rather good....humid with not much air movement. Even the bugs
> basically left me alone. I was able to crank my 8-inch Starfinder up to
> 175x (7mm eyepiece) and still not experience any significant loss of
> detail. I almost came in at one point to get one of my SNCs to have with
me while observing, but since they're all small, it's dark, and the grass is
> need of cutting, I thought it best not to chance it.
>
> Craig McDonald

--part1_12d.23a7dd.285da4b7_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2>
<BR><BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">&lt;&lt; &nbsp;Has anyone taken a gander at the Red Planet in the southern sky lately
<BR>through a telescope. Awesome! &gt;&gt;
<BR>
<BR>Actually, I just came inside a little while ago from about 4 hours of
<BR>observing....my first time out in several weeks. &nbsp;Mars was the ONLY item on
<BR>tonight's observing list. &nbsp;I agree, truly a magnificent sight!! &nbsp;&nbsp;The
<BR>seeing was rather good....humid with not much air movement. &nbsp;Even the bugs
<BR>basically left me alone. &nbsp;I was able to crank my 8-inch Starfinder up to
<BR>175x (7mm eyepiece) and still not experience any significant loss of
<BR>detail. </FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0"></BLOCKQUOTE>&nbsp;I a</FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="0">lmost came in at one point to get one of my SNCs to have with
<BR>me while observing, but since they're all small, it's dark, and the grass is
<BR>in <BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">need of cutting, I thought it best not to chance it.
<BR>
<BR>Craig McDonald
<BR>Frisco, Texas</BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR>