[meteorite-list] Jalu meteorite and Carion practices

From: SaharaTeam_at_aol.com <SaharaTeam_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:44:13 2004

--part1_8c.83a1dcb.285f8a99_boundary

Impactika_at_aol.com wrote:
> also with great black shock veins, and a beautiful smooth shiny dark crust!
> It is a L6 from Libya (with a name, not a number) :-)

 Not a number and NOT an official name in the Meteoritical Bulletin, perhaps
you could explain!

JALU: in fact Nalut, Libya, Northwest Hammada al Hamra near Tunisian border,
multiple finds with no GPS location.
 Perhaps 100 km South of the town of Nalut, if this is true we are near the
town of Sinawan in the area of the Sinawan meteorites, so Sinawan 005 would
be a better name. Possibly paired with the first L6 chondrite discovered on
the area: Sinawan 001 (three pieces of 8.2, 7.2 and 2.15 kg).

 Some French people want to extend the NWA prospecting with data lost in
Libya and on the Hammada al Hamra strewnfield. We ask the Nom. Com. to act
quickly against such behavior.
 And perhaps A. Carion could explain to us readily what he is trying to
develop in Libya.

Best regards,
Richard & Roland Pelisson
http://www.saharamet.com/

STOP PLUNDERING SAHARAN COUNTRIES!

--part1_8c.83a1dcb.285f8a99_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2>
<BR>Impactika_at_aol.com wrote:
<BR><BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE style="BORDER-LEFT: #0000ff 2px solid; MARGIN-LEFT: 5px; MARGIN-RIGHT: 0px; PADDING-LEFT: 5px">also with great black shock veins, and a beautiful smooth shiny dark crust!
<BR>It is a L6 from Libya (with a name, not a number) &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;:-)
<BR></FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE=3 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="arial" LANG="1"></BLOCKQUOTE>
<BR></FONT><FONT COLOR="#000000" SIZE=2 FAMILY="SANSSERIF" FACE="Arial" LANG="1">
<BR> Not a number and NOT an official name in the Meteoritical Bulletin, perhaps
<BR>you could explain!
<BR>
<BR>JALU: in fact Nalut, Libya, Northwest Hammada al Hamra near Tunisian border,
<BR>multiple finds with no GPS location.
<BR> Perhaps 100 km South of the town of Nalut, if this is true we are near the
<BR>town of Sinawan in the area of the Sinawan meteorites, so Sinawan 005 would
<BR>be a better name. Possibly paired with the first L6 chondrite discovered on
<BR>the area: Sinawan 001 (three pieces of 8.2, 7.2 and 2.15 kg).
<BR>
<BR> Some French people want to extend the NWA prospecting with data lost in
<BR>Libya and on the Hammada al Hamra strewnfield. We ask the Nom. Com. to act
<BR>quickly against such behavior.
<BR> And perhaps A. Carion could explain to us readily what he is trying to
<BR>develop in Libya.
<BR>
<BR>Best regards,
<BR>Richard &amp; Roland Pelisson
<BR>http://www.saharamet.com/
<BR>
<BR>STOP PLUNDERING SAHARAN COUNTRIES!</FONT></HTML>

--part1_8c.83a1dcb.285f8a99_boundary--