[meteorite-list] Response re List behavior

From: Michael Blood <mlblood_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:44:13 2004

--
Hi Gregory,
	Yes, of course you are correct. Your last sentence, above, is crucial,
--
	If you are referring to the convicted meteorite thief (I don't know
where he lives - nore do I want to), I admit I have very critical of
--
 	As always, Gregory, it is a pleasure to hear your perspective
and any differances we have in our take on this issue in no way
detracts from our relationship. That is because we respect one
another. The fact we also LIKE one another, is not really the basis
of our ability to communicate in a productive and civilized manor.
	The real basis is respectfulness. If everyone on this list were to
conduct their communications with the respect we show one
another, there would be no problem, regardless of the issue.
	Furthermore, this is not something I have "more say" in than
anyone else. I just know we have lost GOOD CONTRIBUTORS to
this list in the past over this recurring dynamic, and I do not want
to see that happen again, so, I state my position.
	"Edgy" is fine, at least in my opinion. However, do be aware
how QUICKLY dialog degenrates into declarations of motivations
of others, mind reading, then, invariably, name calling and all
mannor of mud slinging.
	Again, your initial statement is crucial: "As long as the discourse
is essentially civil....."
	With that, I could not agree more.
	Best wishes, Michael