[meteorite-list] Why some people should not be allowed on eBay......

From: Rob and Colleen <iguana_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:44:13 2004

--------------3178B0AC13F08909DEB36094

Rhett-
Perhaps a second look is warranted. The bottom auction, third photo.....strike
me down if that ain't the face of Jesus. Mir schmere, how much for the face of
Jesus on a meteorite. As for the top auction, I have to agree with you, looks
like corn sticking out of that one in places.

....These appear to be pieces of the MIR space station. I am not an
astrophysicist, but I
believe that it is part of MIR because we looked around a lot and found nothing
else
even closely resembling this. And the proximity of the beach that I was walking
on
compared with the approximate MIR crash landing site swath is so close that it
really
can't be anything else. Also, the beaches in the area where I found it are
known for
dredging up anything that landed in the ocean within the area...

This guy is funny :-)
Rob Wesel

Rhett Bourland wrote:

> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1158820005
> http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1158831906
> After seeing these I want the guy who had some duct tape from the same fall
> for sale to come back. At least he was humerous.
> Rhett Bourland
> www.evansville.net/~rbourlan

--------------3178B0AC13F08909DEB36094

<HTML>
Rhett-
<BR>Perhaps a second look is warranted. The bottom auction, third photo.....strike
me down if that ain't the face of Jesus. Mir schmere, how much for the
face of Jesus on a meteorite. As for the top auction, I have to agree with
you, looks like corn sticking out of that one in places.

<P>....These appear to be pieces of the MIR space station. I am not an
astrophysicist, but I
<BR>believe that it is part of MIR because we looked around a lot and found
nothing else
<BR>even closely resembling this. And the proximity of the beach that I
was walking on
<BR>compared with the approximate MIR crash landing site swath is so close
that it really
<BR>can't be anything else. Also, the beaches in the area where I found
it are known for
<BR>dredging up anything that landed in the ocean within the area...

<P>This guy is funny :-)
<BR>Rob Wesel
<BR>&nbsp;
<BR>&nbsp;

<P>Rhett Bourland wrote:
<BLOCKQUOTE TYPE=CITE><A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1158820005">http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=1158820005</A>
<BR><A HREF="http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1158831906">http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&amp;item=1158831906</A>
<BR>After seeing these I want the guy who had some duct tape from the same
fall
<BR>for sale to come back.&nbsp; At least he was humerous.
<BR>Rhett Bourland
<BR>www.evansville.net/~rbourlan

<BR>Meteorite-list mailing list
<BR>Meteorite-list_at_meteoritecentral.com
<BR><A HREF="http://www.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/meteorite-list">http://www.pairlist.net/mailman/listinfo/meteorite-list</A></BLOCKQUOTE>
&nbsp;</HTML>