[meteorite-list] Another eBay scam?

From: capricorn89 <capricorn89_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:44:13 2004

Yes, I have some of this meteorwrong material as well.
It is indeed irritating. I have replied to the gentleman as follows (and
should other list member feel so inclined to respond to his auction, perhaps
some of these people will think twice before they ask for money for such
things.) (But on the otherhand, perhaps its from Pluto! :=)

<<Hello there:

May I ask your academic qualifications for authenticating the item on your
meteorite auction, as well as the names and references to the analysis of
the geochemists who have verified your assessment? Has this item been
submitted to the nomenclature committee for documentation of its
authenticity? (I will be happy to forward your reply and data to the 500
list-members.)

Thank You.>>

Ron Hartman
www.meteorite1.com