[meteorite-list] Another eBay scam?

From: Sharkkb8_at_aol.com <Sharkkb8_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:44:13 2004

<< Please read the description of this lot and tell me if this doesn't
 irritate you just a tad.
http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1159110432 >>

I exchanged several....um...."spirited" emails with this ebay seller. I
offered him any number of places to get his rock "authenticated" (plus the
Meteoritical Society website) and he replied as follows: (I don't think I'm
violating the general "email privacy" rule by quoting these few words)

<< Hello, Gregory - I will take off my ad...But you will probably see it
back on here soon. >>

Hope Dr. Rubin's ready for a good laugh.....;-)

    Gregory