[meteorite-list] Another eBay scam?

From: Tracy Latimer <tracyl_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:44:14 2004

I've been extremely fortunate in my ebay dealings. The one time I let my
greed overrule my sense and I bid on a Chassigny speck from someone I
didn't recognize from the List, it turned out to be (indirectly) from
Fernlea, complete with COA.

Every so often I see someone selling a blatant meteorwrong. I'm a little
hesitant to "call" them on it, because I have few qualifications myself to
judge meteorite material, especially from a (often) blurry ebay photo!
I'm grateful to the List members who do prod the sellers of bad material.
Thank you.

Tracy Latimer