[meteorite-list] POLISHED THIN SECTION SALE

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:44:14 2004

I have a hard time keeping thin sections on my website but here are 50 new
thin sections that I plan on adding to my site next week (If they dont sell
here first)
http://www.meteoriteshop.com/thinsectionsale.htm
List members get a 10% discount of my already low prices if they order today
from this list.
Also remember that today is sunday. And sundays is "THE BESSEY EBAY THIN
SECTION DAY ON EBAY". Many of my thin sections are now on ebay and after a
week are still bid at very low prices so some potential deals are possible
today thats for sure. See my user id "amunre" or click here:
http://cgi6.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?MfcISAPICommand=ViewListedItems&userid=amunre&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=200
Paypal and credit cards with billpoint are fine for payment.
Remember. "The bitterness of low quality lingers around long after the
sweetness of low price is forgotten". Always do research before you buy
anything. And I only sell meteorite thin sections that are of sufficient
quality and polish that a scientists could use my meteorite thin sections to
study a meteorite with probing equipment or use to classify a meteorite. In
the future if buyers of my thin sections decide to study meteorites in
greater detail (Or want to practise the process of classification) they wont
have to throw out their thin sections or dump them on ebay and start a new
thin section collection since they would already have a thin section
collection of suitable quality for that purpose that they bought from me.
Unpolished and covered thin sections may be pretty but not as pretty as
polished thin sections and would not be all that useful if you decided to
study meteorites in any great detail (Or wanted to improve your
classification skills).
For those of you who will be in Denver in september I will have hundreds of
meteorite thin sections for sale and will have my polorizer and petrographic
microscope set up so that you can view them under cross polorized light
before you buy them.
In addition I have recently placed a large order for some non-meteorite thin
sections that I am promised will be ready in time for denver. Things like
Jade, garnet, ammazonite and dozens of other minerals. Since these are often
used differently than for what meteorite thin sections are used for these
will be unpolished with a cover slip (Like most thin sections that you see
on the market) and so will be a lot cheaper them my meteorite thin sections
which are properly polished. I am going to try some fossils to and see how
they turn out. Pricing depends on several factors that I cant calculate yet
but they will be either $20 or $25.
See me in room 390 in denver.
Cheers
DEAN BESSEY