[meteorite-list] Re: Plundering

From: dean bessey <deanbessey_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:44:15 2004

>Dean,
>Thanks for your reply. I understand now. As long as I have my passport >and
>other legalities are in order, I am free to plunder. I just wanted >to know
>in case I ever get the opportunity.
>
>Thanks for your time.
>Ari Machiz

Ari. You still miss the point. You are not plundering. NOBODY IS PLUNDERING.
Everybody is legally searching the desert for meteorites that nobody else
cares about and which would otherwise be left to weather away in another
20,000 years if the paulistons never spent the time, effort and potential
personal danger to to go out into poorly law enforced isolated areas to find
them. The governments of Canada and Australia could learn a thing or two
from the paulistons. Might preserve a little science.
DEAN