[meteorite-list] Stop Plundering Saharan countries

From: Mike Farmer <farmerm_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:44:15 2004

It is simple, in their minds, anyone but them is not allowed to get
meteorites. They feel that they are better, and dont wany anyone else
messing with "their" meteorites. There is NO plundering going on, I
have made several Moroccans very rich, several fo them have new houses
and cars from the $200,000 I have spent there in the last year. If this
is bad, to make people who have nothing in a country that has little in
the way of natural resources, no gold, no silver, no oil, no coal etc
etc, rich, then so be it. They have found a commodity out in the desert
that people finally want. We pay them well, they provide what we want
well. the only ones who are missing out are the people who claim to hunt
and are angry that the Saharan people are getting the good first. This
is nothing more than an old fashioned treasure hunt, the competitors are
trying everything to stop the others from getting the goods first. They
try to discredit the others, to delay them, to cost them sales etc.
It is pathetic, and I am tired of hearing them crying.
Mike Farmer