[meteorite-list] Allende nanodiamonds

From: Bernd Pauli HD <bernd.pauli_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:44:35 2004

Elton wrote:

> Diamonds have an affinity to grease ...this is how they are captured from the
> kimberlite slurry . They are passed over a sluice which is coated with a high
> grade, clarified grease and they adhere to it. The grease is melted in water
> and it releases the diamonds. I recommend you research this more before
> trying it.

Hello All!

Here are some references concerning nanodiamonds:

OZIMA M. et al. (1993) Origin of nanodiamonds in primitive
chondrites: (I) Theory (Meteoritics 28-3, 1993, A416).

MOCHIZUKI K. et al. (1993) Origin of nanodiamonds in primitive
chondrites: (2) Experiment (Meteoritics 28-3, 1993, A405).

HILL H.G.M. et al. (1997) Infrared spectroscopy of interstellar
nanodiamonds from the Orgueil meteorite (Meteoritics 32-5, 1997, 713).

HILL H.G.M. et al. (1997) The detection of nanodiamonds in
circumstellar environments? (Meteoritics 32-4, 1997, A060).

HILL H.G.M. et al. (1998) The 21-micrometer infrared feature
in bulk diamonds: Implications for nanodiamonds in space
(Meteoritics 33-4, 1998, A067).

KOSCHEEV A.P. et al. (2000) Mechanism of noble gas release during
pyrolysis of nanodiamond grains (MAPS 35-5, 2000, Suppl., A092).

Best wishes,

Bernd

P.S.: Dieter Heinlein just phoned me because he wanted to know if
I had recorded last night's special topic (Asteroids) on VOX TV. No,
sorry, folks, I didn't. So I can't provide any copies :-(