[meteorite-list] Italian Researchers Find Traces Of Life In Meteorites

From: Robert Verish <bolidechaser_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:46:22 2004

The bacteria were described as very primitive
organisms
with a DNA network but no IMMUNE SYSTEM.
Unquote

What in the world does this mean!?

Matteo? Can you translate this article for us?

This is going to be, either very big news, or VERY
embarrassing. (Why do I think the later?)

Bob V.

--- Ron Baalke <baalke_at_zagami.jpl.nasa.gov> wrote:

http://www.spacedaily.com/news/010510014102.tc9rjtea.html

> Italian researchers find traces of life in
> meteorites
>
> ROME (AFP) May 10, 2001
> Italian researchers have found traces of life in 4.5
> billion-year-old meteorites, according to the
Italian daily Corriere