[meteorite-list] Bolivia's First Authenticated Meteorite

From: MARSROX_at_aol.com <MARSROX_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:47:10 2004

Blaine Reed and I wish to (finally!) announce the classification (gosh-darn,
out-of-order ion probe) of Bolivia's first authenticated meteorite.

Found 11 June, 2001 at 1140 hours, laying on a dried riverbed at
3,749m/12,301' altitude, north of the Salar de Uyuni on the border of Oruro
and Potosi Departments. Some fusion crust, weathered but visible chondrules.
Olivine Fa average of 29 sampled points is 18.34%. Proposed name "Sevaruyo",
an H5. TKW= 12.37gms. Main mass donated to the "Blaine Reed Meteorite
Collection" curated at the "Planetario Dr. Max Shreirer" associated with the
Universidad de San Andres, La Paz, Bolivia.

Details of our successful journey to Bolivia and the "Blaine Reed Collection"
to follow in future issues of "Meteorite".

Kevin Kichinka