[meteorite-list] Loud Boom Rattles England/Possible Boom From MI

From: Mark Fox <unclefireballmtf_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:47:11 2004

November 17, 2001

Greetings Meteorite Enthusiasts!

Here is a most interesting link to a report that may
result in a new space rock discovery. I think Mr. Rob
Elliott and other enthusiasts from England will also
be intrigued, if not already!

http://www.edinburghnews.com/searchresults.cfm?id=EN01191708

In a matter of fact, I heard a sonic type boom just
yesterday (November 16, 2001) at about 3:35:30 P.M.
EST, coming from the SW if I am correct. At least
five other witnesses heard it also. Sonic booms
around here are not a common event, at least not
anymore.

Long strewn fields and many sonic booms!

Mark Fox
Newaygo, MI USA