[meteorite-list] Leonids tonight!

From: almitt <almitt_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:47:12 2004

Hi Steve and all,

Here in north central Indiana we also have a heavy fog. looks like the weather is better to the East and south of here but too many miles to
travel in order to get out of the soup!! Time here is 2 a.m. I would have used a 35 mm had it been clear but still hanging in there.

National Weather Service at North Webster Fog Forecast 11:30pm EST Saturday
Where to find clear skies?

150-200 miles southwest of Fort Wayne
200 - 300 miles south of Fort Wayne
75 - 150 miles east of Fort Wayne
100 - 150 miles southeast of Fort Wayne
Safe travel speed in this fog? 20-30 MPH

Required departure time to have ANY hope of seeing or
shooting the meteors?