[meteorite-list] WV Leonoids

From: MrX3010_at_aol.com <MrX3010_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:47:12 2004

--part1_dc.f23f911.292aa1b9_boundary

We began viewing at about 12:00 AM in 30 degree clear skies and watched the
level of intensity increase till about 5 AM when all heck broke loose over
our heads as we counted 26 in a 1 minute period and that was facing in only
one direction with a hill blocking our view to the North. Saw several huge
flashes as some exploded over our heads leaving sparkling dust in one
instance. Ive seen many showers before and this wasn't a shower by my
standards it was indeed a storm and I was quite happy to see all the people
who managed to drag themselves out of bed to sit by a road or stand out in
their front yard as cold as it was here. I wasn't going to post at all and
just be content with our experience but I heard on our local news that some
of the local experts around our area were downplaying the storm and saying
"It wasn't as big as they thought it would be." Im not sure what these
people expected I guess they would like the sky to fall on them or something
but I can say this, this shows beauty wasn't wasted upon those who know the
difference between a Storm and a shower.

Cant wait till the next shower but I doubt if anything will ever compare to
this storm.

Ron

West Virginia

--part1_dc.f23f911.292aa1b9_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT SIZE=2>We began viewing at about 12:00 AM in 30 degree clear skies and watched the level of intensity increase till about 5 AM when all heck broke loose over our heads as we counted 26 in a 1 minute period and that was facing in only one direction with a hill blocking our view to the North. &nbsp;Saw several huge flashes as some exploded over our heads leaving sparkling dust in one instance. &nbsp;&nbsp;Ive seen many showers before and this wasn't a shower by my standards it was indeed a storm and I was quite happy to see all the people who managed to drag themselves out of bed to sit by a road or stand out in their front yard as cold as it was here. &nbsp;I wasn't going to post at all and just be content with our experience but I heard on our local news that some of the local experts around our area were downplaying the storm and saying "It wasn't as big as they thought it would be." &nbsp;Im not sure what these people expected I guess they would like the sky to fall
on them or something but I can say this, this shows beauty wasn't wasted upon those who know the difference between a Storm and a shower. &nbsp;
<BR>
<BR>Cant wait till the next shower but I doubt if anything will ever compare to this storm.
<BR>
<BR>Ron
<BR>
<BR>West Virginia</FONT></HTML>