[meteorite-list] I, AM A NEW YORKER

From: Michael Casper <Michael_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:48:09 2004

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C14C1E.BDF71120

I, AM A NEW YORKER=20

I am a New Yorker=20
I do not live in the five boroughs or on the Island or=20
Upstate=20
I may live hundreds or thousands of miles away=20
Or I may live just over the GW Bridge=20
But I am a New Yorker.=20

I am a New Yorker=20
Whatever took me out of New York:=20
Business, family or hating the cold did not take New=20
York out of me.=20
My accent may have faded and my pace may have slowed=20
But I am a New Yorker.=20

I am a New Yorker=20
I was raised on Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and=20
Rockefeller Plaza, The Yankees or the Mets (Giants or=20
Dodgers) Jones Beach or Rye Beach or one of the=20
beaches on the sound (Orchard Beach)=20
I know that "THE END" means Montauk.=20
Because I am a New Yorker.=20

I am a New Yorker=20
When I go on vacation, I never look up=20
Skyscrapers are something I take for granted=20
The Empire State Building and the Statue of Liberty=20
are part of me=20
Taxis and noise and subways and "get outta heah" don't=20
rattle me=20
Because I am a New Yorker.=20

I am a New Yorker=20
I was raised on cultural diversity before it was=20
politically correct=20
I eat Greek food and Italian food, Jewish and Middle=20
Eastern food and Chinese food because they are all=20
American food to me.=20
I don't get mad when people speak other languages in=20
my presence because my relatives got to this country=20
via Ellis Island and chose to stay=20
They were New Yorkers.=20

I am a New Yorker=20
People who have never been to New York have=20
misunderstood me=20
My friends and family work in the industries,=20
professions and businesses that benefit all Americans=20
My firefighters died trying to save New Yorkers and=20
non-New Yorkers=20
They died trying to save Americans and non-Americans=20
Because they were New Yorkers.=20

I am a New Yorker=20
I feel the pain of my fellow New Yorkers=20
I mourn the loss of my beautiful city=20
I feel and dread that New York will never be the same=20
But then I remember:=20
I am a New Yorker.=20

And New Yorkers have:=20
Tenacity, strength and courage way above the norm=20
Compassion and caring for our fellow citizens=20
Love and pride in our city, in our state and in our=20
country=20
Intelligence, experience and education par excellence=20
Ability, dedication and energy above and beyond=20
Faith--no matter what religion we practice=20

Terrorists hit America in its heart=20
But America's heart still beats strong=20
Demolished the steel in our buildings, but it doesn't=20
touch the steel in our souls=20
Hit us in the pocketbook, but we'll parlay what we=20
have left into a fortune=20
End innocent lives leaving widows and orphans, but=20
we'll take care of them=20
Because they are New Yorkers.=20

Wherever we live, whatever we do, whoever we are=20
There are New Yorkers in every state and every city of=20
this nation=20
We will not abandon our city=20
We will not abandon our brothers and sisters=20
We will not abandon the beauty, creativity and=20
diversity that New York represents=20
Because we are New Yorkers.=20
And we are proud to be New Yorkers.=20
"REMEMBER THE WTC" =20

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C14C1E.BDF71120

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I, AM&nbsp; A NEW YORKER <BR><BR><BR>I =
am a New=20
Yorker <BR>I do not live in the five boroughs or on the Island or =
<BR>Upstate=20
<BR>I may live hundreds or thousands of miles away <BR>Or I may live =
just over=20
the GW Bridge <BR>But I am a New Yorker. <BR><BR>I am a New Yorker =
<BR>Whatever=20
took me out of New York: <BR>Business, family or hating the cold did not =
take=20
New <BR>York out of me. <BR>My accent may have faded and my pace may =
have slowed=20
<BR>But I am a New Yorker. <BR><BR>I am a New Yorker <BR>I was raised on =
Macy's=20
Thanksgiving Day Parade and <BR>Rockefeller Plaza, The Yankees or the =
Mets=20
(Giants or <BR>Dodgers) Jones Beach or Rye Beach or one of the =
<BR>beaches on=20
the sound (Orchard Beach) <BR>I know that "THE END" means Montauk. =
<BR>Because I=20
am a New Yorker. <BR><BR>I am a New Yorker <BR>When I go on vacation, I =
never=20
look up <BR>Skyscrapers are something I take for granted <BR>The Empire =
State=20
Building and the Statue of Liberty <BR>are part of me <BR>Taxis and =
noise and=20
subways and "get outta heah" don't <BR>rattle me <BR>Because I am a New =
Yorker.=20
<BR><BR>I am a New Yorker <BR>I was raised on cultural diversity before =
it was=20
<BR>politically correct <BR>I eat Greek food and Italian food, Jewish =
and Middle=20
<BR>Eastern food and Chinese food because they are all <BR>American food =
to me.=20
<BR>I don't get mad when people speak other languages in <BR>my presence =
because=20
my relatives got to this country <BR>via Ellis Island and chose to stay =
<BR>They=20
were New Yorkers. <BR><BR>I am a New Yorker <BR>People who have never =
been to=20
New York have <BR>misunderstood me <BR>My friends and family work in the =

industries, <BR>professions and businesses that benefit all Americans =
<BR>My=20
firefighters died trying to save New Yorkers and <BR>non-New Yorkers =
<BR>They=20
died trying to save Americans and non-Americans <BR>Because they were =
New=20
Yorkers. <BR><BR>I am a New Yorker <BR>I feel the pain of my fellow New =
Yorkers=20
<BR>I mourn the loss of my beautiful city <BR>I feel and dread that New =
York=20
will never be the same <BR>But then I remember: <BR>I am a New Yorker.=20
<BR><BR>And New Yorkers have: <BR>Tenacity, strength and courage way =
above the=20
norm <BR>Compassion and caring for our fellow citizens <BR>Love and =
pride in our=20
city, in our state and in our <BR>country <BR>Intelligence, experience =
and=20
education par excellence <BR>Ability, dedication and energy above and =
beyond=20
<BR>Faith--no matter what religion we practice <BR><BR>Terrorists hit =
America in=20
its heart <BR>But America's heart still beats strong <BR>Demolished the =
steel in=20
our buildings, but it doesn't <BR>touch the steel in our souls <BR>Hit =
us in the=20
pocketbook, but we'll parlay what we <BR>have left into a fortune =
<BR>End=20
innocent lives leaving widows and orphans, but <BR>we'll take care of =
them=20
<BR>Because they are New Yorkers. <BR><BR>Wherever we live, whatever we =
do,=20
whoever we are <BR>There are New Yorkers in every state and every city =
of=20
<BR>this nation <BR>We will not abandon our city <BR>We will not abandon =
our=20
brothers and sisters <BR>We will not abandon the beauty, creativity and=20
<BR>diversity that New York represents <BR>Because we are New Yorkers. =
<BR>And=20
we are proud to be New Yorkers. <BR>"REMEMBER THE WTC"&nbsp;=20
</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0009_01C14C1E.BDF71120--