[meteorite-list] Atoka, OK information

From: Martin Horejsi <martinh_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:48:09 2004

Hi All,

I just got a wonderful thin section of Atoka, Oklahoma, an L6 fall. The
crust in the thin section is really a study on its own.

Anyway, as I was entering information about it into my personal collection
catalog, I noticed the the BM Catalogue lists the approximate recovered
weight as 475 grams.

However, in the distribution listing, the Monnig Collection contains 910
grams and TCU has 432 grams along with USNM holding 32g and Chicago with
58g.

Usually the approximate weights are not violated to such an extent. Any
ideas?

Cheers,

Martin