[meteorite-list] New book

From: Larry & Twink Monrad <larrytwinkmonrad_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:48:55 2004

--=====================_23038360==_.ALT

Jim tried to send this to the list this morning, but he received a message
back that it would have to be reviewed as he is not a list member (although
he is) so he asked me to send this out. Twink Monrad

received a message back that it would have to be reviewed as he is not a
list member (although he is) so he asked me to send this out.&nbsp; Twink
Monrad<br><br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; Twink Monrad and I have just finished putting together a new book called &quot;The Meteorite Collector's Logbook&quot;. This book is designed to let the collector enter his/her meteorites in blank spaces provided under the appropriate type and/or classification of the meteorite thus providing a quick reference to what is in the collection. It is compiled in a 7&quot; by 5&quot; loose-leaf binder so it is easy to carry. I find it quite handy to have when shopping for meteorites on ebay or at a show and I regularly use it in conjunction with the book &quot;Meteorites from A to Z&quot;.<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; This book is not intended to necessarily be used for a detailed inventory that you may want to keep. Both Twink and I do maintain separate inventories along with all pertinent data on all of the meteorites we have in our collections.<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; The book contains some nice pictures of Gold Basin and a few meteorites found at Gold Basin. It also contains some note sheets as well as business card holders. We special ordered the binders. The rest of the book we have put together doing all of the printing, cutting, and hole punching so you might say it is &quot;homemade&quot;.<br>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; If you are interested in the book you may email Twink at <a href="mailto:larrytwinkmonrad_at_earthlink.net">larrytwinkmonrad@earthlink.net</a> and Twink will send you an email with an attachment showing you some pictures of it. If you are interested in purchasing it you may order from either Twink or me. My email is <a href="mailto:JKriegh@msn.com">JKriegh@msn.com</a>. The price is $15.00 plus shipping which is $3.50 in the United States. Money orders, cashiers checks, or personal checks are accepted. Personal checks will have to clear before shipping. It will also be available at the Tucson Gem and Mineral Show and possibly the Denver Show as I may decide to go there (that is so I can find a Johnstown meteorite).<br>