[meteorite-list] Opinion of Current Trends in Meteorite Prices

From: Mark Miconi <mam602_at_meteoritecentral.com>
Date: Thu Apr 22 09:48:56 2004

------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C1361E.19AD6F80

Hello All,

This is not meant as a slam for anyone so NO ONE take offense please. I =
am currently investigating investment oppurtunities thats all.

I have noticed that there seems to be a staggering trend to pricing =
Meteorites at $0.01 - $1.00 as the starting price on Ebay. When I visit =
some of the fine sites that sell meteorites I notice similar types and =
sizes of stones that are on Ebay, only these are for sale at much higher =
prices.

I only started collecting 18 months ago, but it seems to me that the =
prices of almost everything has dropped tenfold.

I used to see Brahin Pallasites on ebay for $4.00-$10.00 a gram, =
recently a 288gr piece sold for approximately $1.38 a gram. Sikhotes, =
NWA's, all but the rarest seem to be really dropping in price.

Now I am aware that the interest in all meteorites has skyrocketed, so =
demand should be high. At the same time more dealers/sellers/sites have =
emerged and the supply seems to be higher also.

Where does everyone see this going? Are prices going to continue to =
plummet? Does anyone think there is a bottom to all of it, afterall =
there will be a limit to the supply.
I have had some bank investments mature and really do not see any reason =
to re-invest as the current returns suck, and with stock market pitching =
and heaving I thought it would be a good time to buy some nice =
meteorites, and sit on them for future sales. But in the last year the =
price trends even in this market seem to be on the way down. Some of the =
better stones are selling for a tenth of what they were selling for last =
year.
I planned on a 2-5 year wait before the resale but if things are going =
to keep going down, maybe I should reconsider, and only buy for my =
collection.

Whats the thoughts on this?

Thanks...Mark

------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C1361E.19AD6F80

<HTML><HEAD>
http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello All,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>This is not meant as a slam for anyone =
so NO ONE=20
take offense please. I am currently investigating investment =
oppurtunities thats=20
all.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have noticed that there seems to be a =
staggering=20
trend to pricing Meteorites at $0.01 - $1.00 as the starting price on =
Ebay. When=20
I visit some of the fine sites that sell meteorites I notice similar =
types and=20
sizes of stones that are on Ebay, only these are for sale at much higher =

prices.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I only started collecting 18 months =
ago, but it=20
seems to me that the prices of almost everything has dropped=20
tenfold.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I used to see Brahin Pallasites on ebay =
for=20
$4.00-$10.00 a gram, recently a 288gr piece sold for approximately $1.38 =
a gram.=20
Sikhotes, NWA's, all but the rarest seem to be really dropping in=20
price.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Now I am aware that the interest in all =
meteorites=20
has skyrocketed, so demand should be high. At the same time more=20
dealers/sellers/sites have emerged and the supply seems to be higher=20
also.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Where does everyone see this going? Are =
prices=20
going to continue to plummet? Does anyone think there is a bottom to all =
of it,=20
afterall there will be a limit to the supply.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I have had some bank investments mature =
and really=20
do not see any reason to re-invest as the current returns suck, and with =
stock=20
market pitching and heaving I thought it would be a good time to buy =
some nice=20
meteorites, and sit on them for future sales. But in the last year the =
price=20
trends even in this market seem to be on the way down. Some of the =
better stones=20
are selling for a tenth of what they were selling for last =
year.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I planned on a 2-5 year wait before the =
resale but=20
if things are going to keep going down, maybe I should reconsider, and =
only buy=20
for my collection.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Whats the thoughts on =
this?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2>Thanks...Mark</FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

------=_NextPart_000_0025_01C1361E.19AD6F80--